Before you Read

This blog is a very straight forward approach to dispelling myths regarding The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons). All comments are moderated, any comments of an intolerant or abusive nature will not be accepted.

Please do not take offense to the way things are presented here. I am a very blunt woman and I write these things not directed to any one person but in an effort to address my frustrations regarding the intolerance of my beliefs.

I am a History Major and my specialty includes the time period in which Christ lived and in which Christianity was formed. I have also spent my life studying other faiths and beliefs. Please know that after all of my studies and my continued studies, I am firm in my beliefs and I only wish to dispel myths. This is in no way an approach to forcing my beliefs on anyone; jut a way to open eyes and build bridges. The misunderstandings are great, but so is the close-minded views of the world. Please read this blog with a desire to learn and to understand.

Friday, November 19, 2010

A fact...and what you can do

 Okay So this Blog is more a recommendation then anything else...

The fact is question...You know someone who is or will become a Mormon in the next 5 to 10 years.
Why do I say this? Well very simply The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the fasted Growing Church in the world.

So many churches have published Anti-Mormon propaganda and as soon as most pastors find out you are friends with or know a Mormon (LDS) they shove this material at you and provide a ton of websites that are the accurate of what they actually believe that you should share with them. I Hate to break it to any of the readers...but Most of this literature is completely WRONG...yet that is correct it is WRONG. So someone you trust is giving you information about someone you love and calling it fact. You are not encouraged to take with your friend or loved one you are just taught to believe what an outsider says and to tell your friends they are damned. Well that is my biggest rant, and frankly it makes my blood boil. If you love and trust this person enough call them a friend or if they are family you should go straight to them and talk to them instead of making up your mind about their choices because of what someone else has told you.

So why do I bring this up...well that should be obvious no one ever asks the Mormon what they believe they just take someone elses word for it. I have posted several posts about being Christian and the core of the Believes of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is JESUS,,,,It is right there in the name.

So here is what I propose...don't take my word for it, don't take a pastor's word for it. These are recommended readings that are made with you in mind. They will not try to convince you to join the church they will just help you understand those you love and their believes. It will dispel the Myths and it will separate the fact from fiction...Most of these you can find at the Library and all of the Links are from Amazon.com if you want to purchase....but PLEASE READ THEM

     

No comments:

Post a Comment