Before you Read

This blog is a very straight forward approach to dispelling myths regarding The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons). All comments are moderated, any comments of an intolerant or abusive nature will not be accepted.

Please do not take offense to the way things are presented here. I am a very blunt woman and I write these things not directed to any one person but in an effort to address my frustrations regarding the intolerance of my beliefs.

I am a History Major and my specialty includes the time period in which Christ lived and in which Christianity was formed. I have also spent my life studying other faiths and beliefs. Please know that after all of my studies and my continued studies, I am firm in my beliefs and I only wish to dispel myths. This is in no way an approach to forcing my beliefs on anyone; jut a way to open eyes and build bridges. The misunderstandings are great, but so is the close-minded views of the world. Please read this blog with a desire to learn and to understand.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An amazing opportunity

One of the key beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that we believe a modern prophet walks the earth. In Revelations we learn much about the last days before the second coming of Christ. These are things that the whole Christian world try to make sense of. Well we are in the last days, and I do not know a single Christian who would disagree. Well Revelations tells of prophets and witnesses of Christ who will walk among men before his return. Even of three that will loose their lives. So why would so many Christians think that God has left us alone with no guidance in these the last days. Well as a Mormon we believe in one sure knowing fact, he has not! There is a Prophet on the earth and he is assisted by 12 Apostles just as Jesus was. He is not the head of our church,Jesus is. However he guides us and directs us just a Moses or Noah. His name is Thomas S Monson. And this weekend the whole world has an amazing opportunity to hear his words.
General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints will be broadcast via satellite on Saturday and Sunday. It will air on public access, Byutv on cable and live streaming from lds.org. It starts at 10am MT both days along with a 2pm MT session. Each block is 2 hours. For those who have a hard time with timezones that is 9am and 1pm Pacific Time. The talks will touch your heart and the music will move your soul.
I implore each of you to take the time this weekend and listen to the words of men & women called of God and to seek out the words of a modern prophet. We have not been left to wander alone we are guided in these days just as in biblical times. This is my promise, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

For More information visit
http://lds.org/church/events/181st-general-conference-of-the-church?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment