Before you Read

This blog is a very straight forward approach to dispelling myths regarding The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons). All comments are moderated, any comments of an intolerant or abusive nature will not be accepted.

Please do not take offense to the way things are presented here. I am a very blunt woman and I write these things not directed to any one person but in an effort to address my frustrations regarding the intolerance of my beliefs.

I am a History Major and my specialty includes the time period in which Christ lived and in which Christianity was formed. I have also spent my life studying other faiths and beliefs. Please know that after all of my studies and my continued studies, I am firm in my beliefs and I only wish to dispel myths. This is in no way an approach to forcing my beliefs on anyone; jut a way to open eyes and build bridges. The misunderstandings are great, but so is the close-minded views of the world. Please read this blog with a desire to learn and to understand.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Amazing and Wonderful Days

Today and Tomorrow are a truly blessed day for the world. Many hundreds of thousands will not realize it or even want to know. But today we are blessed to hear the words of a Prophet of God, Thomas S Monson. As well as the words of the Apostles and other General Authorities. These are men and women who are called of God through his authority to guide and Direct his church on Earth. You may think we are crazy and you may think that Revelation is dead but I write you today to testify of the simple fact that a Prophet of God walks this earth and that he prays for every man, women and child who lives whether they are followers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ or not. I have personally seen this man and even while just an Apostle of the Savior Jesus Christ men were drawn to him and effected by him. The difference in countenance prior to President Monson being called as a Prophet of God to now is Amazing. It is evident in his face that he Communes with the Savior on the behalf of each and every one of us. 
It is not for me to tell you he is a man of God it is for you to discover for yourself. Just as it is not a debate regarding the historical validity of the Book of Mormon. It simply is or it is not. There is no middle ground. 
There is no debate. You either take the leap of faith that God has prophets who walk the earth or you believe that revelation and the Gospel as Christ set it up is dead, left in the hands of Man and that as a world we are lost. I believe that this is not true and that the Lord loves us and has provided a way for us to still know he loves us. Please take the time to watch the following videos, whether you believe The Church of Jesus Christ to be true or not take the time to hear the words of these Special Witnesses of Jesus Christ, and take a few to hear the words spoken today. (via the internet, BYUTV or Public Access at 10am and 2pm MT)

These videos are available as a full feature, If you would like to receive the DVD please let me know and I will send one to you. 

Lastly today I share another video with you. http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/the-restoration/video/the-restoration This video is the testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith regarding the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ in these Latter Days. 

I exhort each and every reader to take the time to view these videos and then to kneel in humble prayer and discuss these things with your Lord and Savior. I promise that you will find the answer you seek and that the Lord will bless your life. 

I bear you my testimony today that a Prophet of God does in fact walk this earth and that he knows each of us through the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He knows the nature of the World and he spends much time on his knees in regards to the influences of this age. I know that he is a chosen man and that when the time comes he will tarry with Prophets of old and with our Lord Jesus Christ. If I know nothing else I know this that he is a man chosen of God through the authority of the Priesthood and His teachings and the teachings of those before him will stand the test of time and will touch mankind for generations to come.
  
I write these things today humble in the name of my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment