Before you Read

This blog is a very straight forward approach to dispelling myths regarding The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons). All comments are moderated, any comments of an intolerant or abusive nature will not be accepted.

Please do not take offense to the way things are presented here. I am a very blunt woman and I write these things not directed to any one person but in an effort to address my frustrations regarding the intolerance of my beliefs.

I am a History Major and my specialty includes the time period in which Christ lived and in which Christianity was formed. I have also spent my life studying other faiths and beliefs. Please know that after all of my studies and my continued studies, I am firm in my beliefs and I only wish to dispel myths. This is in no way an approach to forcing my beliefs on anyone; jut a way to open eyes and build bridges. The misunderstandings are great, but so is the close-minded views of the world. Please read this blog with a desire to learn and to understand.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Song Stuck in Head



I Walk By Faith by Janice Kapp Perry  (this will link you to the sheet music)
I will prepare to make and keep Sacred Covenants
Seek Promised Blessings of the Priesthood through Obedience
Live my life to claim the blessing sweet of Exaltation
My Testimony Growing each new day

I walk by Faith a Daughter of Heavenly Parents
Divine am I in nature by inheritance
The Spirit Whispers of my mission, My Individual worth,
So I seek for precious knowledge, for learning and for growth
I understand the meaning of Accountability
Every Choice for good or Ill is my responsibility
I want to Build the Kingdom and good Works are the Key
By doing what I know is right I show integrity, I cherish Virtue and Moral Purity


I walk by Faith a Daughter of Heavenly Parents
Divine am I in nature by inheritance
And Some day when God has Proven Me
I'll See him face to face
But Just for here and Now I walk By Faith
Yes, Just for here and Now I walk by Faith


This song has been stuck in my head for days and I felt today that I just needed to share. 

http://www.lds-yw.com/WalkTall_you_re_a_daughter_of_God_3.pdf   This link has the sheet music for both along with the guitar chords. 

Along with this one....


Right now I have a Prayer Deep within my Heart
A Prayer for Each of You there is a special Part
That you remember who you are and Him who lives above
Please Seek for him and Live his way you'll feel his love

Walk Tall your a Daughter a child of God
Be Strong please remember who you are
Try to understand your part of his great plan
He's closer that you know reach out he'll take your hand

Long before a time you can remember
Our father held you in his arms so tender
Those loving arms released you as he sent you down to earth
He Said "My Child I love you Don't forget your great worth"

Walk tall your a Daughter a child of God
Be Strong please remember who you are
Try to understand your part of his great plan
He's closer than you know reach out he'll take your hand

This life on Earth we knew would not be easy
At times we loose our way his path we may not see
But please remember always Please That you are not alone
He'll Take your hand he loves you he will guide you home

Walk Tall your a Daughter a child of God
Be Strong please remember who you are
Try to understand your part of his great plan
He's closer that you know reach out he'll take your hand


Some other Great Songs on Youtube


 

No comments:

Post a Comment