Before you Read

This blog is a very straight forward approach to dispelling myths regarding The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons). All comments are moderated, any comments of an intolerant or abusive nature will not be accepted.

Please do not take offense to the way things are presented here. I am a very blunt woman and I write these things not directed to any one person but in an effort to address my frustrations regarding the intolerance of my beliefs.

I am a History Major and my specialty includes the time period in which Christ lived and in which Christianity was formed. I have also spent my life studying other faiths and beliefs. Please know that after all of my studies and my continued studies, I am firm in my beliefs and I only wish to dispel myths. This is in no way an approach to forcing my beliefs on anyone; jut a way to open eyes and build bridges. The misunderstandings are great, but so is the close-minded views of the world. Please read this blog with a desire to learn and to understand.

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Bible....

Okay so I must go back to an earlier post and add more information. I know this seems like beating a dead horse and you either agree with me and history or you are blind and think that the Bible was written as a book and is not missing anything.

So have you ever heard of The Book Of The Kells?
Well have you? Do you even know what it is? Did you know that it is quite possibly the earliest known compilation of the New Testament. Did you know that we still have it today? The Book Of Kells is quite simply the Books of the Apostles. It contains Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It have been damaged through the years and there are things after John 17:13 that are missing or damaged beyond recognition and there is evidence that other writings were contained in the book prior to Matthew. The book is written in Latin and has amazing art work. It is currently housed at Trinity College in Dublin. Several years back the Book of Mark was sent to Australia for exhibition and suffered pigment damage due to the vibrations of the airplane.  The exact date of origination of this book is unknown but it was written sometimes between 500AD and 900AD. There is also evidence that the book was Buried and preserved at the Kells Abby during the Viking raids of 1000AD.

So what is my point? Well the biggest point is there are translation issues that are very noticeable between the Latin in the Book of the Kells and the More recent adjustments of the books. So evidence. The Bible has translation issues. The Book of the  Kells is the biggest evidence of this. There is also differences in the ancestry of Jesus as outlined in Matthew. The Book of Kells contains much for information and detail then even the King James Version....

So Well...I guess saying "I Believe the Bible to be the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly..." Is actually pretty accurate and If you don't believe me then here is your proof. Look it up.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment