Before you Read

This blog is a very straight forward approach to dispelling myths regarding The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons). All comments are moderated, any comments of an intolerant or abusive nature will not be accepted.

Please do not take offense to the way things are presented here. I am a very blunt woman and I write these things not directed to any one person but in an effort to address my frustrations regarding the intolerance of my beliefs.

I am a History Major and my specialty includes the time period in which Christ lived and in which Christianity was formed. I have also spent my life studying other faiths and beliefs. Please know that after all of my studies and my continued studies, I am firm in my beliefs and I only wish to dispel myths. This is in no way an approach to forcing my beliefs on anyone; jut a way to open eyes and build bridges. The misunderstandings are great, but so is the close-minded views of the world. Please read this blog with a desire to learn and to understand.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Disciples of Christ

 Many people in many walks of life claim to be followers of Christ. They claim to follow his teachings and that they have had great conversion stories that tell of why they follow Christ. Yet I am discovering that not many of these people actually know Christ, or even know what it means to be Christlike. Here is my first Question: Christ Taught "As I have Loved you Love One another" So why do you stand by and let your pastors and ministers teach Hatred and intolerance? Why Do you feel that a one time experience with the Spirit is all you need and that you do not need to pray and ask Heavenly Father if what you are being taught is truth or not? I know many many Christians, Who claim that they are converted and saved but yet they have no need to pray or to follow up on things they learn. I pray daily and many times a day, I try very hard to seek out the Lord in all things and Frankly It bothers me when in discussion I am shot with 'My Pastor said....So you are wrong' Well Why are you blindly following you Pastor. The Bible tells us to be aware and wary of those who Blindly Follow as the Leaders are not always from the Lord. They Man say they are of the Lord and they Many teach things from the Bible but What they are teaching is their interpretation of Gods will. I did speak with one pastor a few months back that was a first for me. He knew what Faith I was and He knew my church to be a good and loving church. He did not personally act and He simply Asked do I know where I am going when I die. When I answered very specifically Yes and That I also Know my Lord and Savior, He plainly answered Then you are a Disciple of Christ and Your Countenance shows that you truly know him so Who am I to say your church is wrong. Now That was a Christlike thing for that Pastor to do. He accepted that he may not agree but that He could see that It was Okay. He even recognized that it was not his place to judge. So how come so many people who claim to be disciples of Christ Judge and Hate over things that are personally and between us and the Lord?

In any Church in Any place in the world you can Find True Disciples however you can also find the Blind leading the Blind and Hatred and Intolerance. People will rant and they will claim My faith is wrong but How many of them have taken the time to listen and learn to a actual member of the church and not their Pastor or someone else who thinks they know what we believe. How many people then take the time to seek the knowledge from Heavenly Father. The Bible was Very Clear :"Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be given unto you" Not to mention the most important Verse in the Bible "If any man lack wisdom let him ask of God" Key word here is any man. Not any pastor, not any minister. Any Man. So Any Man, Women or Child can ask God and He will share the Truth of All things.

Maybe next time you sit and listen to a sermon you should head home and get down on your knees and find out if the things you have learned are true.

Try Everyday to be a Disciple of Christ. I promise you that if you are on your knees and Asking the Lord for Guidance each and every day and that you are truly seeking out Truth then you will be a Disciple of Christ because you will have welcomed his spirit into your life.

I recommend the following materials to anyone who would like to understand some amazing testimonies of some true Disciples of Christ
       

No comments:

Post a Comment